Our goal is to provide a quality learning plan for each and every student.
Without qualified, experienced, and a diverse group of tutors, this would not be possible. Our tutors’ qualifications are far-reaching, from tutors with bachelor degrees in Psychology and English, to Business Administration and Science. Our expertise extends further to tutors who are TESOL-certified and specialize in ESL and special needs assessments. Our special needs learning plans are administered by tutors who have specialized in the Orton Gillingham Approach. We will ensure you or your child is comfortable with the tutor that is chosen prior to starting lessons.
Our tutors have proven teaching, and one-on-one tutoring experience, coupled with post-secondary education. Many of our tutors grew up and studied in Vancouver and Lower Mainland area, and are very familiar with the Canadian and BC educational curriculum. Open Door Academy employs tutors who are skilled at what they do, and have a genuine love for helping students.
Open Door Academy has an open-door policy with all tutors, parents, and students, meaning we encourage feedback, and continuous improvement. This ensures the best possible experience for students and tutors alike.
Our Tutors Are Qualified.
- Our tutors hold University Bachelor Degrees
- Our tutors are BC-Certified Teachers
- Our tutors hold TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Certifications
Our Tutors Have Unique and Specialized Communication and Teaching Skills.
Open Door Academy has experience in helping students with special needs. This often requires tutors to think “outside of the box” when helping students learn.
Our tutors have experience in:
- Teaching students with Dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, and autism.
- Teaching using the Orton Gillingham Approach
Our Tutors Are Experienced.
- Public and Private School teaching experience
- Private and Classroom Tutoring Experience
- Worked with All Age Groups